Wednesday 30 July 2014

New but old table!

So last Saturday my boyfriend and I popped back to the gorgeous recycled furniture shop not far from us. We had spotted a lovely wooden table with four chairs a couple of weeks before that we really liked as a possible kitchen/dining table when we get our house. I decided if I bought it now it could be my work table in my studio until we move and I could use one of the chairs and store the rest. We were thrilled to find it was still there and they even delivered it the next day!


I have plans to buy some chalk paint to give the chairs a makeover. I think I will probably do the legs and sides of the table, just leaving the top in it's natural colour. For now I'm just covering the top with a tablecloth and marvelling at how it fits so exactly in to the gap I had between my cupboard and the window in my studio! Pretty perfect!




I'm enjoying being sat next to the window now especially in this heat while I have the windows open. I love that I get all the morning sun pouring in on to the table too! I'm not too sure what shade I will paint the chairs and table yet but when I get round to it I'll be showing you the makeover here on the blog! I'm thinking possibly an off white or even a French grey. What do you think? I would love to know. It will be my first chalk paint on furniture attempt so any comments and tips would be most helpful!

Enjoy the rest of your week!

Tanya x

No comments:

Post a Comment