Friday 15 April 2016

My Big Birthday!



A few days before Easter I had my 40th Birthday and I have been celebrating with family and friends over the last few weeks. Well, you might as well enjoy draw these things out for a long as you can hey! Turning 40 has been a big milestone for me in more ways than just the number. I'm not going to get all serious on you because this is a happy post, but my health problems make me really appreciate all my birthdays, especially the big ones! Unlike some people I was not worried at all about the big 4 0, in fact I loved it! I have just had the best year of my life, with Karl (my other half) & I buying and moving in to our first home together and I'm loving how my little business is coming along nicely too. I've had such fun the past few weeks with family and dear friends and I feel so lucky to have them all in my life.




I was thoroughly spoilt with flowers, cake, chocolates...I think I may have eaten my own body weight in chocolate recently! I received such beautiful and thoughtful gifts including the gorgeous floral Crosley record played from my other half. I'm in love with it! On my actual birthday the OH and I took the day off work and went to the Waffle House in St Albans for lunch, followed by a little wander in the beautiful park. I was lucky with the weather that day, it was lovely! Spending precious time with all the people I love has been the best part of all. So far being in my 40's has been great fun!







Both my Emma Bridgewater and my Observer book collections were generously added to and my wonderful friend even painted me a beautiful oil painting! I had more celebrations over the Easter weekend with family and friends and then closed my birthday celebrations last weekend with a delightful afternoon tea with some of my closest girl friends at the lovely Danesfield House Hotel.







I'm so lucky to have been surrounded by all this love and generosity and I thank everyone who has made turning 40 so special!

Lots of love to you all!

Tanya x

No comments:

Post a Comment