Wednesday 11 July 2018

I'm a Small Business Sunday (#SBS) winner!

I had an exciting little victory happen a couple of weeks ago which I thought I'd share with you on here. On Monday 25th June I became a Small Business Sunday winner! For those of you not familiar, #SBS as it's know on Twitter was created by Theo Paphitis (yes, the Theo Paphitis from Dragons' Den). Every Sunday evening between 5pm - 7.30pm small businesses can tweet about their business, making sure they include the important #SBS tag and Theo will pick six of those businesses each week that he believes deserve a retweet, announcing them on the Monday evening. Obviously this is a great boost to any small business!



On that Monday evening I was actually busy packing to go in to hospital the following day when I heard my phone keep pinging. It was my Twitter account going crazy as I had just been announced as a winner along with the other five businesses who also won that evening! To say I was over the moon was an understatement. I felt so honoured to have been chosen, it felt like a real pat on the back. When you are working so hard to build up your little business, that sort of recognition means so much!
I had plenty of time while I was in hospital to try to respond to all the tweets and kind messages I received. I've been in and out of hospital twice in the last two weeks, which is why I've only just had the chance to writing this blog post now, (I'll leave the hospital story for another post) but I'm still feeling very proud that I'm able to display this winners badge on my website! Thank you Theo Paphitis!

If you run a small business, make sure you join in over on Twitter on a Sunday evening. Good luck!

Thanks for reading. 





No comments:

Post a Comment