Friday 15 February 2019

Small Business Sunday (#SBS) Event 2019!

Back in June last year I was lucky enough to have my business - Woof & Wilson, chosen as a Small Business Sunday (#SBS) winner on Twitter by Theo Paphitis, entrepreneur and former dragon on BBC programme Dragons's Den.




Earlier this week on the 12th of February I attended the annual SBS winners event. As a new winner I was able to collect my certificate and have my photo taken with Theo. The cheesy grin on my face probably tells you how chuffed I felt about this!


These numbers made me feel rather proud!

The event was full of informative presentations and 1-2-1 sessions, as well as it being a great opportunity to meet and network with other small business owners. A particular highlight for me was listening to guest speaker Raja Saggi, Head of SME Marketing at Google UK. If you're like me and are totally baffled by how to get the most out of Google for getting your business out there, this was incredibly interesting and helpful.

I was actually quite nervous before attending this event. I'm never very confident when it comes to a large event full of people I don't know! I needn't have been worried though, as I found everyone really friendly,  helpful and supportive.




A big thank you to Theo Paphitis and to all the SBS crew for such a great event, and for supporting and acknowledging us Small business owners and the hard work we put in to make our make our businesses a success.

I'm now already looking forward to attending again next year....can't wait!





No comments:

Post a Comment